XaamAdda’s Current Affairs Today Section provides most important daily Current Affairs Today – Current Affairs – 2022 | Current Affairs – 2023. Current affairs topics like Data Centre , Economy Of Uttar Pradesh , Greater Noida , Uttar Pradesh. Economy & Banking Current Affairs – 2022 , States Current Affairs are Useful For UPSC IAS , SSC CGL, BANKING & other competitive exams. So, keep reading.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath recently inaugurated Yotta D1 – India’s second and North India’s first hyper-scale data center – in Greater Noida.
Current Affairs Important Points
What is Yotta D1?
- Yotta D1 is the first of the 6 data center buildings currently under construction at the Greater Noida Data Center Park. The first data center was commissioned in just 20 months with an investment of around Rs.1,500 crore.
- The hyperscale data center is developed by Yotta Infrastructure – a unit of the Hiranandani Group. It is strategically located close to major business centers of the National Capital Region of India. This will give a major boost to the region’s digital economy.
- The data center is spread over 3 lakh square feet with ground floor and 7 other floors. It has an IT load capacity of 28.8 MW. It has the capacity to host 5,000 racks across 7 server floors. It offers a fail-safe 48-hour power backup at full load.
What is Yotta Greater Noida Data Center Park?
- Spread across 20 acres, Yotta Greater Noida Data Center Park is the region’s first data park. It has 6 interconnected buildings, providing a total of 30,000 racks, four dedicated fiber lines and 160 MW of IT power capacity. The park is being developed at a cost of Rs.7,000 crore.
- Investments from Yotta Infrastructure
- Yotta Infrastructure announced an investment of Rs 39,000 crore in Uttar Pradesh over the next five to seven years. This investment will be used for the construction of a data center campus and procurement of IT equipment and other hardware by Yotta and its customers.
What are the challenges faced by data centers?
- With heat waves becoming more common and severe due to climate change, data centers are at risk of overheating. Greater Noida is experiencing high levels of heat waves during summer.
- To address this, Yotta Infrastructure’s data centers have an adiabatic cooling system, which helps the refrigerants reduce heat. These chillers are not used in winter as there is natural cooling from the atmosphere.
- Yotta has an automatic system that detects if the external ambient temperature is lower than the desired temperature in the data center. In such cases, the chillers automatically stop working and external cool air enters the center to maintain the temperature in the internal environment.
Data centers are very attractive targets for cyberattacks. As India rapidly shifts to a digital economy, the country’s data centers are attracting the attention of threat actors. To address this concern, Yotta currently has around 20 services that provide cybersecurity measures. It also partners with cyber security service providers and engages in educating its customers about these threats.