XaamAdda’s Current Affairs Today Section provides most important daily Current Affairs Today – Current Affairs – 2022 | Current Affairs – 2023. Current affairs topics like Data , GER , Information , School , UDISE. Reports & Indexes Current Affairs are Useful For UPSC IAS , SSC CGL, BANKING & other competitive exams. So, keep reading.
The Union Ministry of Education has released the Unified District Information System for Education Plus (UDISE+) detailed report on school education in India for 2021-22.
Current Affairs Important Points
- Unified District Information System for Education (UDISE) was launched in 2012-13. It is one of the largest management information systems in school education.
- It covers more than 15 lakh schools and more than 26.4 crore children. In this system, data was first filled in paper format and then manually entered into the computer. However, this system is prone to errors and abuse.
- UDISE+ is an updated version of UDISE where data from schools is collected online and in real time.
- This is to overcome problems like errors and delays in data in the UDISE system.
- UDISE+ was developed by the Department of School Education and Literacy in 2018-19. In the UDISE+ system, improvements have been made in terms of data capture, data mapping and data verification.
UDISE+ 2020-21 Report Data
- In 2020-21, 25.38 crore students were enrolled in primary to high school education. There is an increase of 28.32 lakh enrollments compared to 2019-20.
- The Gross Enrollment Ratio (GER) has improved at all levels of schooling in 2020-21 as compared to 2019-20.
- 96.96 lakh teachers engaged in school education in 2020-21. There is an increase of 8800 teachers compared to 2019-20.
- 39.7 lakh students from private and government aided schools have shifted to government schools in 2020-21. It shows the impact of COVID-19 on education.
UDISE+ 2021-22 Report Data
- The total enrollment in primary to high school education in 2021-22 is 25.57 crore. This is an increase of 19.36 lakh as compared to 2020-21 UDISE+ data.
- The total enrollment of scheduled caste students has increased from 4.78 crore in 2020-21 to 4.82 crore in 2021-22.
- Scheduled caste enrollment has increased from 2.49 crore in 2020-21 to 2.51 crore in 2021-22.
- Enrollment of OBC students increased from 11.35 crore in 2020-21 to 11.48 crore in 2021-22.
- The Gross Enrollment Ratio (GER), which measures the general level of participation at the primary, upper primary and higher secondary levels, has improved in 2021-22 compared to the performance of 2020-21. The performance of GER in Higher Secondary has improved significantly from 53.8% in 2020-21 to 57.6% in 2021-22.
- The total enrollment of children with special needs (CWSN) in 2021-22 was 22.67 lakh – an increase of 3.45 per cent from 21.91 lakh in 2020-21.
- 95.07 lakh teachers are engaged in school education in 2021-22. More than half of them are female teachers.
- The total number of teachers in 2021-22 has decreased by 1.95 percent as compared to the figures for 2020-21. In 2021-22, the percentage of teachers teaching only primary (34.4%) and upper primary (18.9%) declined.
- Compared to the previous year, the number of teachers in government schools has decreased by 0.9%, government-aided schools by 1.45%, private schools by 2.94% and other schools by 8.3% in 2021-22.
- Uttar Pradesh has the highest enrollment of students and recruitment of teachers in government schools.
- Pupil Teacher Ratio (PTR) in 2021-22 is 26 for Primary, 19 for Higher Primary, 18 for Secondary and 27 for Higher Secondary. This is a significant improvement compared to the figures for 2018-19.
Girls in schools
- About 12.29 crore girls are enrolled in primary and secondary education in 2021-22. This is an increase of 8.19 lakh as compared to the 2020-21 report.
- GER’s Gender Equality Index revealed that the representation of females in school education is equal to the representation of girls in the corresponding age population. This shows that the participation of girls in school education is high.
- Schools and amenities
- The total number of schools in 2021-22 has come down from 15.09 lakh in 2020-21 to 14.89 lakh. Over 20,000 schools were closed in a year. This may be due to closure of private and other managed schools and grouping or clustering of schools from different states.
- Only 27% schools have special toilets for CSWN and more than 49% schools have ramps with handrails.
- Only 44.85% schools had computer facilities and about 34% had internet connectivity.
- By 2021-22, about 77% of schools will have playground facilities. This is an increase of 3.4 percent compared to 2018-19.
- Around 27.7% of schools had a kitchen garden in 2021-22 – an increase of 32 per cent from 2018-19.
- 98 lakh schools (33%) are certified under Fit India Schools.
Data, GER, Information, School, UDISE