Here are Xaam Adda’s Important current affairs for December 9, 2021. India, Economy & Corporate, World, Sports etc., for IAS, SSC, BANKING, RAILWAY etc.
- CDS (Chief of Defense Staff) General Bipin Rawat and 13 others were killed when an IAF helicopter MI17 V-5 crashed near Coonoor in Tamil Nadu’s Nilgiris district.
- NMCG (National Mission for Clean Ganga) and c-Ganga (Center for Ganga River Basin Management and Studies) are organizing the India Water Impact Summit from 9 to 14 December.
- Rajya Sabha passes the surrogacy (control) bill, 2020.
- Konkani writer Damodar Mouso wins Jnanpith Award 2022; Assamese writer Nilmani Foucault is the winner of 2021.
- Parliament Assisted Reproductive Technology (Regulation) Bill, 2021 passed.
- DRDO tests air version of BrahMos supersonic cruise missile from Sukhoi 30MK-I aircraft.
- SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation) Charter Day was observed on December 8.
- Japan’s Yusaku Meizawa and Yozo Hirano fly to the International Space Station on a Russian Soyuz rocket; Self-funded astronauts for the first time since 2009.
- Germany: Olaf Scholes replaces Angela Merkel as Chancellor.
Economy & corporate
- Suresh Jadhav, Chief Executive of SIII (Serum Institute of India) and Doen of the Vaccine Industry, has passed away at the age of 72 in Pune.
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin (PMAY-G) approved by the Cabinet to continue after March 2021 till March 2024.
- IndiGo has signed an agreement with the Dehradun-based Council for Scientific and Industrial Research-Indian Institute of Petroleum (CSIR-IIP) to manufacture and deploy sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) globally.
- The RBI has retained a three-member advisory board of Reliance Capital comprising Sanjeev Nautiyal, Srinivasan Varadarajan and Praveen P Kaddale.
- Byju’s, an Indian editech company, acquires Austria-based Geogibra.
- Cabinet approval Rs. ‘Ken-Betwa Interlinking of Reverse Project’ worth Rs 44,605 crore to benefit the Bundelkhand region of MP and UP.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has been ranked 37th in Forbes’ list of the 100 most powerful women in the world.
MONETARY POLICY IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS
- RBI will continue to use variable rate reverse repo operations to absorb funds. The RBI will hold a VRRR (variable reverse repo rate) auction of Rs 6.5 lakh crore on December 17 and Rs 7.5 lakh crore on December 31.
- The repo and reverse repo rates are currently 4% and 3.35% respectively.
- UPI transaction limit will be increased from the current Rs 2 lakh to Rs 5 lakh. Increase in UPI transaction limit for G-Secs and IPO Offering Applications Retail Direct Scheme Only Investment.
- Maintains projection of real GDP growth at 9.5% in FY22.
- On December 8, 2021, Reserve Bank of India Governor Shaktikanta Das announced at its latest meeting that the Monetary Policy Committee had decided to keep rates unchanged.
- RBI proposes to introduce UPI based payment products for feature phone users.
- RBI will soon release a discussion paper on the charges for digital payments in India.
- The MPC has maintained a permissible stance to support and sustain growth.
- The CPI (Consumer Price Index) has maintained its inflation forecast at 5.3% for the 2022 financial year.
The above current affairs section are part of our “Current Affairs Monthly Books” comprising 400+ MCQs . These books are suitable for UPSC IAS, SSC, Banking, IBPS, CLAT, Railways, State PSC and similar exams for Current Affairs & .