XaamAdda’s Current Affairs Today Section provides most important daily Current Affairs Today – Current Affairs – 2022 | Current Affairs – 2023. Current affairs topics like Central Vigilance Commission , Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) , Vigilance , Vigilance Awareness Week. Events Current Affairs , India Nation & States Current Affairs are Useful For UPSC IAS , SSC CGL, BANKING & other competitive exams. So, keep reading.
Awareness Week 2022 will be observed between October 31 to November 6 this year.
Current Affairs Important Points
What is Mindfulness Awareness Week?
- Vigilance Awareness Week is a week-long observation under the Central Vigilance Commission. Its objective is to create awareness among the public about the dangers of corruption.
- It is celebrated every year during the week when India celebrates Ekta Divas i.e. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s birthday (October 31).
- The 2022 event will be celebrated on the theme ‘Corruption Free India for a Developed Nation’.
How is Vigilance Awareness Week celebrated?
- Various Government Ministries, Departments, Central Public Sector Undertakings, Public Sector Banks and other organizations will start observing with the Pledge of Integrity.
- Recently, the CVC issued instructions for a 3-month campaign period (between August and November) during which 6 preventive precautionary measures should be taken by government entities. These activities focus on:
- Property management
- Property management
- Document management
- Technical initiatives: These include website maintenance and updating and identification of new services that can be digitized. It also identifies the steps that can be taken to create such online platforms.
- Necessary guidelines, circular and manual renewal
- Disposal of Grievances (pending as on 15th August)
- Apart from this, during VAW, organizations undertake various outreach activities like marathons, walkathons, street plays, public rallies, competitions, etc. Awareness village meetings and social media campaigns are high on the agenda.
- As part of the VAW 2022 vision, the Prime Minister launched the Central Vigilance Commission’s new Grievance Management System portal. It helps citizens track their complaints against corruption.
- Besides, the Prime Minister also released ‘Ethics and Best Practices’ booklets, a compilation of best ‘Preventive Vigilance’ practices and a special issue of VIGEYE-VANI on public procurement.