We are here presenting Vajiram and Ravi Best CSAT Book For UPSC IAS 2024 printed notes PDF containing complete study materials. These notes includes complete UPSC CSAT syllabus. Aspirants need not to study any other books to qualify UPSC CSAT.
Click Here To Get Best CSAT Book For UPSC IAS
As we know, Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) is a compulsory exam for all candidates appearing for the UPSC Civil Services Examination. The CSAT paper tests the candidate’s quantitative aptitude, logical reasoning, and general knowledge. There are a number of Best CSAT Book For UPSC IAS available in the market, but not all of them are created equal. Some books are better suited for certain types of candidates, while others may be more comprehensive but less user-friendly.
If you are an aspirant of the UPSC Civil Services Examination, you must be aware of the importance of the CSAT paper in the prelims stage. CSAT stands for Civil Services Aptitude Test, and it is the second paper of the UPSC prelims exam.
It tests your basic skills in comprehension, logical reasoning, analytical ability, quantitative aptitude, data interpretation, decision making, problem solving, and interpersonal skills. The CSAT paper is qualifying in nature, which means you need to score at least 33% marks in it to be eligible for the mains exam. However, this does not mean that you can take it lightly. The CSAT paper can be tricky and challenging, and you need to practice well to ace it. Moreover, a good score in the CSAT paper can boost your confidence and morale for the rest of the exam.
But how do you prepare for the CSAT paper? Which are the Best CSAT Book For UPSC IAS that can help you master the topics and concepts? In this blog post, we will answer these questions and provide you with some tips and recommendations on how to choose the best CSAT book for UPSC preparation.
UPSC CSAT Syllabus
- Interpersonal,communication skills
- Logical reasoning
- Analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- Mental ability
- General mathematics
- English language comprehension
No institute can match Vajiram and Ravi in terms of quality education they provide and students high selection ratio. The Best CSAT Book For UPSC IAS provided by Vajiram and Ravi is a must for aspirants to qualify CSAT. Because it is mandatory to qualify CSAT without which aspirants’ general studies papers will not be evaluated.
The students from non-engineering and non mathematics background generally fear from CSAT. These notes will help you a lot to qualify UPSC CSAT. You can easily qualify UPSC CSAT, provided you have to do little bit practice.
What to Look for in a Best CSAT Book For UPSC IAS
The best way to choose the Best CSAT Book For UPSC IAS is to consider your own strengths and weaknesses. If you are a strong student in quantitative aptitude, you may not need a book that focuses on that topic. However, if you are struggling with logical reasoning, you may want to choose a book that focuses on that topic. It is also important to consider your budget. CSAT books can range in price from around Rs.200 to Rs.1000. If you are on a tight budget, you may want to choose a cheaper book. However, if you are serious about getting a good score on the CSAT, you may want to invest in a more expensive book. No matter which book you choose, make sure you practice regularly. The more you practice, the better you will become at answering CSAT questions.
When choosing a Best CSAT Book For UPSC IAS, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- The syllabus: Make sure the book covers all of the topics that are tested on the CSAT paper.
- The level of difficulty: The book should be challenging enough to help you prepare for the exam, but not so difficult that it is discouraging.
- The writing style: The book should be easy to read and understand. The explanations should be clear and concise.
- The practice questions: The book should include a good number of practice questions, so you can test your knowledge and identify areas where you need more practice.
- The value for money: The book should be affordable, but it should also be worth the investment.
Vajiram & Ravi Best CSAT Book For UPSC IAS Benefits
Before we list out some of the best books for CSAT, let us first understand what are the benefits of Vajiram & Ravi Best CSAT Book For UPSC IAS. These CSAT book have the following features:-
- It covers all the topics and sub-topics mentioned in the UPSC syllabus for CSAT.
- It explains the concepts and theories in a simple and lucid manner, with examples and illustrations wherever possible.
- It provides ample practice questions and exercises, with varying levels of difficulty and types of questions.
- It provides solutions and explanations for all the practice questions and exercises, with tips and tricks to solve them faster and accurately.
- It includes previous year question papers and mock tests, with detailed analysis and feedback.
- It is updated and revised according to the latest trends and patterns of the UPSC exam.
Best Book for UPSC CSAT – General Studies Paper 2
Based on these criteria, we have selected some of the best book for UPSC CSAT that are available in the market. These books are highly recommended by UPSC toppers and experts, and have received positive reviews from many aspirants. Here are our top picks:
This is one of the most popular and comprehensive books for CSAT preparation.
- Covers all the topics and sub-topics of the syllabus in a systematic and thorough manner.
- Provides clear explanations, examples, diagrams, tables, charts, and graphs to enhance your understanding.
- Provides plenty of practice questions and exercises, with solutions and explanations.
- Includes previous year question papers and mock tests, with analysis and feedback.
- It is updated and revised according to the latest exam pattern and trends.
This is another Best CSAT Book For UPSC IAS preparation.
- This book covers all the topics and sub-topics of the syllabus in a concise and crisp manner.
- It provides easy-to-understand explanations, examples, tips, tricks, shortcuts, and strategies to solve various types of questions.
- The book also provides ample practice questions and exercises, with solutions and explanations.
- Arihant Book includes previous year question papers and mock tests, with analysis and feedback.
- Book is updated and revised according to the latest exam pattern and trends.
This is a specialized Best CSAT Book For UPSC IAS for logical reasoning and analytical ability section of the CSAT paper.
- Covers all the topics and sub-topics of this section in a detailed and logical manner.
- It provides clear concepts, rules, principles, techniques, methods, approaches, and applications to solve various types of reasoning problems.
- It also provides plenty of practice questions and exercises, with solutions and explanations.
- Includes previous year question papers and mock tests, with analysis and feedback.
This is another specialized Best CSAT Book For UPSC IAS for logical reasoning and analytical ability section of the CSAT paper.
- It covers all the topics and sub-topics of this section in a comprehensive and exhaustive manner.
- It provides simple explanations, examples, illustrations, and solved examples to clarify the concepts and theories of reasoning.
- It also provides a huge number of practice questions and exercises, with solutions and explanations.
- It includes previous year question papers and mock tests, with analysis and feedback.
#5. Other Best CSAT Book For UPSC IAS in the Market
Apart from these four books, there are many other Best CSAT Book For UPSC IAS preparation in the market, such as:
- CSAT Paper – 2 Manual by Pearson
- General Studies Paper – 2 for Civil Services Preliminary Examination by McGraw Hill
- CSAT Simplified by Disha Publications
- CSAT Conceptual Approach by Access Publishing
- CSAT Paper – 2 by Arihant Experts
You can choose any of these books as per your preference and availability. However, you should not rely on too many books and confuse yourself. You should stick to one or two books and revise them thoroughly.
Strategy To Qualify UPSC CSAT
UPSC Aspirants should note that the most easy and convenient section in UPSC CSAT is comprehension. If you look at previous year question papers , you will find that in 2017, 30 out of 80 questions were from comprehension. Similarly, in 2016, 27 out of 80 questions were from comprehension and in 2015 the number of questions were 29 out of 80.
In this way we can predict that, in 2024 CSAT Paper these question number may vary somewhere around 25 to 30. So, Vajiram teachers suggest that you should give more focus to comprehension section.
So, assume if 25-30 questions are asked in CSAT out of 80. In this, you should have strategy to solve 75% of 25-30 questions ( Approx. 19-23 questions should be correct ) & your task is done in comprehension section.
You know in UPSC CSAT your target is 33% that is 66 marks ( 27 correct answer ). These marks are sufficient to qualify CSAT Paper.
Total 80 Questions (120 minutes)
Total 200 Marks
2.5 marks each
66/200 marks (Qualifying)
30 correct answer ( Your Target )
75 marks ( safe zone)
You should adopt strategy to solve at least 20 questions from comprehension which is the easiest section as per toppers. In this way you will score 50 marks very easily. Now the challenge is of rest 16 marks ( 50+16=66 marks).
Now here, Mathematics and Reasoning section will play the role. In Mathematics as per toppers and teachers, the easiest and scoring topics are – Average, Percentage, Profit and Loss, Number System.
Now move on to logical reasoning section. The questions from this section are little bit mind twisting. If you carefully do some practice & try to solve, you can easily solve 3-4 questions from logical reasoning. Reasoning section needs some time to solve and you need practice for this.
Tips for CSAT Preparation
Now that you know the best book for UPSC CSAT preparation, let us also give you some tips and strategies to ace the CSAT paper.
- Understand the syllabus and exam pattern of CSAT paper and plan your study accordingly.
- Focus on the basic concepts and theories of each topic and sub-topic and clear your doubts.
- Practice as many questions and exercises as possible from different sources and levels of difficulty.
- Solve previous year question papers and mock tests regularly and analyze your performance and mistakes.
- Improve your speed, accuracy, and time management skills by using shortcuts, tricks, and strategies.
- Enhance your comprehension, communication, and interpersonal skills by reading newspapers, magazines, books, and online articles.
- Revise the important topics, formulas, rules, principles, techniques, methods, and approaches frequently and thoroughly.
- Stay updated with the current affairs and general knowledge by following reliable sources of information.
- Stay positive, confident, and motivated throughout your preparation and exam.
The Bottom Line
CSAT is important section because every candidate has to qualify CSAT to move on to next step. These Vajiram and Ravi Best CSAT Book For UPSC IAS printed notes will help candidates to qualify CSAT in their first attempt. All you need is to honestly prepare from these notes and a little bit practice. We guarantee you will qualify CSAT with flying colors.
We hope this blog post has helped you to choose the best CSAT book for UPSC preparation. Remember that CSAT paper is not a difficult or complex paper, but a simple and basic paper that tests your aptitude and skills. You can easily score well in this paper if you prepare well with the right books and strategies.
All the best for your UPSC exam! 🙂